Labor Time: Prorated Pricing After the First Hour
After the first hour of in-home service for each Fixer, we prorate by the minute. That means that just because your job takes 65 minutes, you don’t have to pay for the full second hour.
Special Materials and Shopping
For jobs that require specific materials beyond our standard kit, our experts will do the shopping for you. They are trained and practiced at getting the right parts in a single trip, and we charge a reduced rate for time spent shopping — saving you time and money in the end. It’s our aim to get your project done safely, correctly, and quickly so you can enjoy your home.
Fixer accepts all major credit cards. After your job is complete, we’ll send you a link by text and by email where you can view and pay your invoice, and leave a tip if you choose to.
Tips are not expected, though if you’d like to leave one we do provide an easy way to do so once a job is ready for payment. Note that our Fixers are all full-time employees, with benefits. That said, if you’d like to leave a tip, we recommend $10-20 per hour.
For more detailed information on our pricing, please visit our Services & Pricing page.
We take the health and safety of our staff, customers, and communities very seriously.
Our COVID-19 practices and policies are kept up-to-date at https://fixer.com/blog/stayinghealthy
Every Fixer tool bag is filled with more than 30 tools and materials – from screwdrivers and hammers to spackle and toilet repair kits. We know a lot about typical home repairs and our Fixers typically carry more than enough to get those jobs done.
Whats in our bag?
Standard Fixer Tools
- Screw driver
- Putty knife
- Channel Lock
- Gator Grip Socket
- Ratchet 3/8″
- Hex key set
- Pry Bar
- Drill bits
- Stud Finder
- Tape Measure
- Locking Pliers
- Vice grips
- Tin snips
- Screw extractor
- Faucet and sink installer
- Drywall saw
- Tile Nippers
- Sanding Block
- Wire Brushes
Standard Fixer Materials
- Assortment of sandpaper (hand)
- Wood and Plumber’s Putty
- White Primer
- Toilet Repair Kit
- P-Trap Washers and Kit
- 9V Batteries
- Interior/Exterior Sheet Metal Screws
- Wire Connector Assortment
- 15 Amp Duplex Outlet
- CU Duraclad Armored BX/AC-90 Cable
- Electrical, Masking, and Teflon Tape
- Deck Wash
- Washer Kit
- Nail Kit
- Sinker Nails
- Strap Toggle and Bolt
- Screws, Bolts, and Anchors
- Picture Hanging Kit
- Multipurpose Adhesive
Adding a credit card to your account makes your checkout experience pain-free once we’re done completing work at your location. Here’s how it works:
- Add a credit card to your account when you request a Fixer. Our secure payments provider will authorize your card for either $0 or $1 depending on your bank, so you may see a reference to that on your statement. You may also choose to skip this step if you prefer. If you do, you will be billed by the Fixer at your location.
- When your job is complete, we will send you a text message with a link to finalize your bill.
- Add a tip for your Fixer(s), if you would like.
- Your card will be charged for the full amount of your bill, including tip. If we previously authorized your card, we will not charge you for any amount that was held.
For more information about our secure payments provider, Braintree, click here. As always, if you have questions please feel free to reach out to our dispatch team via text message or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here 7 days a week to answer your questions. And it usually happens within minutes!
Email us: Concierge@fixer.com
Text us: 855–58-FIXER (855–583–4937)
Chat us in the bottom right corner
We accept debit and credit card payments from all Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards. We make it easy for you to pay online or on your phone as soon as your job is complete. Our Fixers are instructed not to carry cash, and we do not accept checks at this time.
There are some jobs that require two or more Fixers in order to complete safely and to properly care for your belongings. Examples include:
- Ceiling Fan installation – high ceilings
- Chandelier installation
- New door installation
- Undermount / cast iron sink installation
- TV Mounting – larger TV’s over 45” inches
- Some tile and painting jobs
For jobs such as these, we always recommend sending two Fixers to maintain our safety standards and to finish the job quickly and completely. We charge our hourly rate for each Fixer that works on your project. The more professional hands on a project, the quicker it goes. So in the end, you aren’t paying any more as we get it done in less time, and more safely, than with just a single pro. Our concierge will alert you if your specific project requires two or more Fixers when you book.
- All accidents can be prevented. When lifting heavy or awkward objects, remember to hug the load close to your body, ensure a good grip, and squat rather than bend.
- Nothing we do is worth risking injury. Ask your Fixer for any other safety instructions relevant to the task at hand.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Your Fixer may decline your help, especially if there is a concern for someone’s safety. Just like if you change your mind, we will do our best to get another Fixer there quickly to assist, or reschedule for a time when that’s possible.